One of NABMA’s priorities is to provide training and development opportunities to all those involved with the management of markets in order to promote the high degree of professionalism that exists within the industry.
General Diploma in Market Administration
Due to the continuing COVID-19 circumstances the 2020 sessions of the Diploma course were completed successfully via remote Zoom lectures.
NABMA has taken the decision to deliver the 2021 General Diploma Course entirely online via the zoom facility. This is the same course held in Derby, but delivered via Zoom.
Candidates are invited to register their interest for the 2021 Diploma course with Steve Pickering, NABMA’s Professional Development Consultant at email@example.com
London Diploma in Market Administration
A second diploma course will be available in Spring aimed at the specialist nature of operating markets in the London area. Further details of the proposed dates will be made available very soon.
Why obtain the diploma?
- Experienced market officers achieve formal recognition of their skills with this level 4 national qualification.
- Inexperienced officers new to the industry receive fast-track training into all aspects of market management.
- A formal qualification empowers officers to carry out duties more effectively, due to senior management having increased confidence in ability.
- All those attending the course develop valuable networking contacts with other market officers.
- Officers completing the DMA often report increased income on their markets after introducing initiatives learnt on the course.
- Effective route to further education.
2021 Diploma Programme Overview
Candidates come together to attend 3 two-day courses in Derby on specialist subjects and complete three assignments to demonstrate what they have learnt from the experience.
23 February & 2 March 2021
Introduction to the DMA
Communication & Presentation Skills
Writing for Press
Working with Traders and Stakeholders
Creating Joint Initiatives
23, 24 & 30 March 2021
Markets Law & Market Charters
The need for formal Markets Policies
The Law on Street Trading
Effects of BREXIT on European Legislation
Legal Protection of Markets
Trading Standards & the Real Deal
14 & 20 April, 4 May
Assessing Safety Risks in Markets/HASAW
How markets are kept safe for the public
Market Technical Operations
Effective Use of Market Resources
Sourcing External Finance
Sustaining and Developing Markets
Business Planning for Promotions
Attending the full programme online and attaining the Diploma enables you to demonstrate that you meet the markets industry standard.
The £1000 (+vat) fee can be split over two financial years should your training budget be tight – and some travel costs can be assisted where necessary.
(Training is available to non-Nabma members at the full price of £2,000 + vat)
For further information & to book see links below or contact our Professional Development Consultant – Stephen Pickering by email on: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07756 326022