UK Markets Index
The only independent measure of performance in Retail Markets in the UK.
The UKMI is produced monthly by markets research company ROI Team and by PFM Intelligence, Europe’s largest people counting company.
Free to browse or to download from:
The UKMI is also distributed widely by Revive & Thrive.
The UKMI was launched in Spring 2014 with launch support from NABMA
Every month the UKMI provides:
- Footfall for a basket of UK retail markets indexed against:
- Last month (MoM)
- 12 months ago (YoY)
- Comparison of markets performance against UK Retail Sales (source ONS) again indexed as above
- Weather conditions
- Commentary, with views on the month’s retail performance drawn from other authoritative sources
The UKMI is based on automatically counted footfall data provided to the UKMI by a raft of retail markets across the UK and covering a range of market types.
We will always welcome new contributors of data. If your market has automated counting of footfall that you are able to contribute to the UKMI, please contact Daniel Halstead at: Daniel.Halstead@pfm-intelligence.com
Future plans for the UKMI include:
- Updated dashboard with new graphics and wider coverage
- Regional Benchmarking
- Benchmarking by markets type
- Benchmarking of markets’ turnover
But to do this we need more markets to provide their data.
Markets able to share data with the UKMI will enjoy priority access to the national results. Data from individual markets will never be shared nationally, or indeed with any other market. Only national (and eventually regional) averages will be published.
For any enquiries about understanding and using the UKMI please contact Andrew McCall at Andrew.McCall@roiteam.co.uk