As NABMA has previously advised from October 1st businesses can no longer supply, sell or offer certain single use plastic items in England.
The ban on these items includes:
* Online and over the counter sales and supply
* Items from new and existing stock
* All types of single-use plastic, including biodegradable, compostable and recycled
* Items wholly or partly made from plastic including coating or lining If businesses continue to supply banned single-use plastics after 1 October there is the prospect of a fine.
There are limited exceptions and particularly if the items are packaging:
* A pre filled salad bowl or ready meal packaged in a tray
* A plate filled at the counter of a takeaway
* A tray used to deliver food.
You can still supply food or drink in polystyrene containers if it needs further preparation before it is consumed. Further preparation can mean:
* Adding water
Hopefully the businesses in our Markets have prepared for the new requirements but this is intended as a reminder to Market Managers to check that the new requirements are being implemented.