NABMA One Day Virtual Conference 2021
Thursday 4 February @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
When is it?
NABMA is pleased to announce details of its popular One Day Conference that will be held on:
Thursday 4 February 2021 from 0930 to 1330 by Zoom.
Sadly, we will not be able to meet at the Council House, Birmingham as usual for the first major markets event of a new year, but we can bring everyone together, either in your office or at home, in a digital get together. We hope you will join us.
Our Conference discussion.
Without doubt 2020 has been an unprecedented year of worry, change and threat to markets and market people. NABMA surveys suggest that many in the industry have concerns and a lack of confidence about the future. Others have a different viewpoint as some markets are suggesting that emerging from the pandemic is their moment in the sunshine as they experience a renewed trust, and both returning and new customers. A consistent viewpoint however is that markets can play a leading role in supporting firstly the survival, and then the renaissance, of our high streets.
So, our Conference will pose the question as we enter 2021– are our markets really in crisis?
Why should I attend?
The conference will be of interest to anyone with a passion and commitment to the future of their markets. As one of the recognised top influences to create vital and vibrant streets then markets can play a prominent role in offering business start-ups alongside their attraction to boost tourism, employment, the local economy and social cohesion. We appreciate that our industry will continue to face many challenges as a result of the impact of the pandemic. We are also aware that in recent months markets have demonstrated resilience and a positive appetite to accept change, that can create new opportunities, and at the same time attract new people and new ways of trading to our markets.
Our draft programme
- An invitation has been sent to Kelly Tolhurst MP, the government Minister with responsibility for High Streets in her portfolio.
- Mark Robinson, Chairman of the High Street Task Force Board who is guiding the work of the Task Force and acting as a national voice for high streets, supporting them to transform town and city centres.
- Joe Barrett, co-founder of Teenage Market and member of the Government’s High Street Taskforce.
- A panel session of market experts who will look at how markets and market management will need to change, evolve and attract new traders to sustain the industry and the high street.
- The award ceremony for the NABMA promoted Blachere Illumination Market Heroes 2020 as we recognise both markets and market people that have made a difference within their communities during the pandemic.
Our aim is to bring as many markets people together as possible to discuss the future of our industry. We have therefore decided to keep costs low with an individual NABMA delegate fee of just £50 plus vat.
Non NABMA members are welcome to join with us at £75 plus vat per delegate.
NABMA looks forward to our One Day Conference and the chance to bring the NABMA family and friends together at the start of another challenging year for markets. We do hope you will join us.