What a fantastic first week we were experiencing for Love Your Local Market. Please look at our social media platforms and catch up with all the events, the people, the colour and atmosphere that is being generated for this national and worldwide celebration of markets.
The highlight so far is without doubt the endorsement for the Love Your Local Market campaign from the Prime Minister himself.
We are delighted at this loud Westminster support for NABMA and the campaign alongside the recognition of the important role that markets can play in supporting the various government agendas for the regeneration of high streets and communities. We are extremely grateful to our Chairman of the All Party Parliamentary Group, Simon Baynes MP for his genuine passion about markets and taking the opportunity to talk markets with the Prime Minister, and of course, for the photo opportunity. Our Chairman has also been busy today visiting the new City of Wrexham to visit the local market and talk with traders. As reminders for Love Your Local Market
- Love Your Local Market is extended to 5 June. Its not too late to take part.
- Have you registered your markets on the #LYLM2022 map. Let us know your markets are supporting #LYLM2022 Love Your Local Market Map – NABMA
- Is your social media team following #LYLM2022? Use all our various digital assets from posters to social media tiles. LYLM Digital Assets – NABMA
- Do you still need insurance for your traders and events? Contact Matt Imber to discuss your insurance issues email@example.com
- It’s not too late to invite your local MP or any local celebrities to your market. What a great opportunity for them to be seen supporting their local market and community.
- Are you thinking of new stalls, canopies or gazebos? Remember the sponsor of #LYLM2022 is Home – Zapp Umbrellas | Market Umbrellas and Pop-Up Gazebo Experts
Week 1 of #LYLM has been a wonderful promotion of so many markets and the impact they have in their communities. NABMA thanks all the many markets, managers, staff teams and traders that are celebrating and shouting out loud about the importance of their markets. If you need any further help about #LYLM2022 then please click Love Your Local Market 2022 – Official (nabma.com) And finally, a huge thank you to the NABMA Social Media Team of Ian and Rob at Square Cactus for all their long hours and fantastic work in promoting Love Your Local Market 2022 to the widest possible audience. They have presented wonderful graphics and pictures in week 1 that tell the story of the value and importance of our markets. There is a lot more to come as the campaign continues. We look forward to another two weeks of celebration as Love Your Local Market extends into the Platinum Jubilee celebrations. Please share all your Love Your Local Market events, photographs and celebrity visits with NABMA. Use #LYLM2022.